Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Being 6 Months Old and Easter {Jack's Take Tuesday}

Hello all,



Let me start out by telling you how not to celebrate your 6 month birthday...all you babies out there, start taking notes.
I woke up on April 21, 2011 with a fever.  After we ran some errands and my medicine wore off, My Mommy noticed that it had gone up so she took me into the doctor that afternoon and he said I had some sort of virus.  Great, that's exactly how I wanted to celebrate.  

So the next couple of days we took it easy and I started feeling better.  Well, then on Easter I got even sicker and we found out I had been also working on an ear infection.  So much for Mommy not wanting to give me medicine.  I'll be honest, I don't mind it too much, it all tastes pretty good, but I have to pretend I don't like it or she will stop giving it to me.  hehe



Aside from being sick, I love being a 6 month old.  I am still as skinny as a rail, but I get to eat lots of things!  I love sweet potatoes, butternut squash, sweet peas, bananas, apples, pears, and mango.  You can see that I don't mind things with a sweet flavor. :)  I am rolling from my belly to my back and my back to my belly.  I can get around wherever I want to go on my back.  My Daddy keeps trying to get me to do this "crawl" thing, but I think I'm doing just fine on my back, maybe I'll try the belly thing at some point. 

I practice sitting up. 


I jabber and I have even been know to say Mama every now and again.  My favorite phrase is Vaaa Vaaa. 

I get to help Daddy grill. 


Accidental, but all too real.


 This is my backyard.  I love being outside.

 For Easter My Honey and Pop decided to make a trip up here so I got to spend it with them, Nana and Gramps, Daddy came home from the rig, Aunt Pudzio, Uncle Adam, and my Great Grandad Jack and Grandmother.  We had a packed house!  Keep in mind this is where my ear infection starts to show up and I have a pretty hefty runny nose and goopy eyes.


















 Maddie loves Uncle Adam.


 I LOVE to swing...can't you tell.




Gramps and Pop enjoyed Mommy and Daddy's new rocking Chairs.


I love my family and I am very grateful they came to join us!  I missed having the rest of my Aunts and Uncles, Great Grandparents and cousins.


What would an Easter be without a Bunny Cake from Great Grandmother?!




P.S. I survived my first big tornado encounter last night...it was crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment