Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall Treats

     Last week I enjoyed testing out my Williams-Sonoma pocket pies.  They are so fun to make and produce a very cute treat.  I bought, both, the apple and pumpkin mold, due to the fall season.  I used the crust recipe from the box because I thought it might hold together a little better and it didn't taste too bad.  I would recommend using the fillings that is sold at Williams-Sonoma.  I made my own, but the normal, runny consistency (especially pumpkin pie) is not so great for these pies.  I ended up having to add another can of pumpkin and a little cornstarch to thicken the mixture up a bit.  All in all, I love getting to put these together.  They were perfect with vanilla ice cream!  It was a pleasure to make them for my in-laws who came into town for the weekend.  



     My sister and I have enjoyed the art of baking and decorating cookies for many, many years, especially during the holidays. :)   To celebrate the season, and so I could have something to nibble on for my guests, we made some fall cookies.  They do bring us so much joy!  She is very good a paying attention to detail (notice the leaves).



No comments:

Post a Comment