Friday, July 8, 2011

An Ode to Andrew {Family Friday}



Ok, so this really isn't an ode, but I thought it sounded clever.  Yesterday my husband celebrated his 29th year of life.  He is quite amazing if you have not met him, trust me.

He has to be away from us on a consistent basis, not because he takes weekend trips with the guys fishing and hunting, but because he works so hard to provide for us.  I would be happy if it was a guys trip! :)  This birthday makes the 4th in a row that we haven't spent together.  When we first started dating I took him cookies that said Happy Birthday Andrew, but I do not have documentation because it felt very "girlfriend-y" and we had just started dating, so I was a little embarrassed.  So, it was a good thing that I did that because he's been hard at work ever since on that special day!

This was his one big party that I just about ruined because I had my heart set on these lanterns.


This is the celebration cake from our weekend of the 4th with his family.


He is a goofy man.  He loves to make people laugh.  Jack does not belly laugh for me like he does for his Daddy.





He loves God's world.  The woods and the river are two of his dear friends.  That one of the reasons I married him :)  On our first date he took me fishing, he had already won my heart, but that sealed the deal.



He loves his family more than anything in this world.  He loves us so much that he humbly purchased a van for us because of the safety and reliability.  It was hard to make that switch, but his family comes first.



He is oh so handsome!

He keeps me grounded when I start to go a little crazy. :)

He loves playing with his son and learning about this new baby on the way.  Fatherhood came naturally to him.  It's another reason I married him.  He loves his children and wants to be the best dad to them.






Happy Birthday, my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment