Monday, February 25, 2013

Shooting Range {30th Birthday Part 1}


I am so far behind in blogging that I'm not making excuses, apologies or promises for future posts.  :)

This past July, my husband turned the big 3-0.  I wanted to do something very "Andrew" and, just for added pressure, make it a surprise.  So I orchestrated a two fold event the day before his actual birthday.  

The Plan:  Invite a few of his friends to go to a shooting range I set up on our neighbor's land.  I was going to have everyone, including exploding targets!  I would take his guns down the hill and his friend Brad was going to pick him up to "take him fishing" for his birthday.

What Happened:  There was a major drought, so no exploding targets.  My dad and I got stuck setting up the targets in his 2WD truck so I called Andrew in tears and spilled the beans about part 1.  Which actually turned out to be good, because he was so excited to get his guns ready!  It was something to look forward to...lesson learned.

Here are the invitations


I had sandwiches, chips and salas, meatballs, nerd ropes (a favorite), sunflower seeds and root beer.


I made a goody-bag for each of the guys.  The deodorant was for the after party which was still a surprise.




Targets.




After I set up, I left my camera so they could take some pics and left them to their manly fun.














1 comment:

  1. Do you still have this invitation so that you could send it to me? I would love to use it, but change a little of the wording to fit my husband's party! You did such a great job! Thanks for sharing!
    tammy.pirtle@cityschools.net

    ReplyDelete