Friday, April 29, 2011

A Lot Can Happen in 2 Years {Family Friday}


Happy 2nd Anniversary!


My darling husband and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary on the 19th of April.  What a blessing to live in a happy home and and wonderful marriage!   Since our last anniversary we have purchased a home, added a cat and a child to our family count, and the rest is too numerous to count.  I have decided to give Andrew a gift that goes by the the old anniversary traditions.  The first year was paper and I had a friend who is a calligrapher write out our vows on parchment and I framed them for him.

This year the gift was Cotton.  I decided to write Andrew a love note using muslin and embroidery thread. 
 I, by no means, claim to be a great hand-embroider.  In fact, I don't know the first thing about the proper way to go about it, but I wanted this to look like a love note that a child would have written, and I believe that my shoddy stitching accomplished that. :)
 Our actual gifts to each other was a pair of rocking chairs.  I love this.  If you are thinking that wasn't very romantic because it's not diamonds or jewelry, think again.  Nothing sounds more romantic to me then sitting on the front porch beside each other watching our children play and drinking iced tea.  
But I'm a pretty simple girl.

2 comments:

  1. You two chose well when you chose each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of rocking chairs for each other!

    ReplyDelete