Monday, May 2, 2011

Homemade Baby Food #5: Bananas {Mommy Monday}




Dear Readers,
I am not lying when I say that homemade banana baby food is the simplest of all to make.  Please trust me and follow my lead.  My microwave went out, so all of my beautifully frozen ice cubes of food are out of commission for the time being, but good old bananas will always be available.

First off, I wait until the green bunch I buy for Andrew and myself start to get that brown and yellow look.  Those brown spots are the sugars forming, so the longer you wait, the sweeter your bananas are...think banana bread.

I highly recommend a food mill for this one.

Peel and put your ripe bananas in and get ready to smoosh.

As you smoosh, crank the mill so it mashes all of the solids.

I put into a bowl or cup and add water to reach the consistency that I like to freeze. 

Those two bananas made about 1 cup before I added the water.

Something to keep in mind is when you are reheating this.  all of the the sugars can evaporate quickly in the microwave.  Heat slowly, like 10 sec at a time.

Can be refrigerated for 3 days or frozen for 3 months.

2 comments:

  1. Great Post..Many new ideas are Shared Here..It will Help a lot..Thanks for sharing the nice Post..Keep sharing..I loved making my own baby food for my two. They ate it so much better as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my Good luck that I found your post which is according to my search and topic, I think you are a great blogger, thanks for helping me outta my problem.

    ReplyDelete