Monday, May 16, 2011

Homemade Baby Food #6: Mango {Mommy Monday}



Hello All,
Today we will be making a mango puree for our babes.  Mine LOVES mango.  It is very sweet, if you wait for it to ripen all the way, and very juicy.  It can make a mess, so just be ready with an empty dishwasher and a washcloth handy.  I hope your kiddos like this.

Mango:

All you really need for this is a blender, a knife, a spoon, a cutting board and a mango.

If you do not know how to cut up a mango, I would recommend looking it up.  It is a sticky process, so I didn't fully demonstrate.
This is one of the best things we got for our wedding, an avocado slicer!  I love it and use it all the time.  I used it instead of a spoon to scrape out the flesh.  I don't know if it was the best idea, but it worked!
Take all the meat and blend it together.  I didn't add any water because it was so juicy.
As you can see, this didn't make very much.  I would also recommend doing several mangos at a time :)

Store in the refrigerator for 3 days or freeze for 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment